Rules and Such...

- Challenges are posted every Wednesday
- You may combine this challenge with others
- You can use any products or stamps (you aren't restricted to just using Pixie Cottage, although we would love to see how you use our products too!)
- Post your creation on your blog with a direct link to this challenge
- Entries due by midnight (EST) on the Tuesday night before the next challenge
- Winners will be announced on Fridays!

Dec 4, 2010

Tutorial Time with ArTish

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee"
all rolled into one!
It's tutorial time at...
In the spirit of the Season known for decorations
I thought I'd present to you an ARTishtic Ornament.
The Vision....
utilizing my new Snowflake embossing folder & Cuttlebug,
an empty acrylic snap together ornament from Hobby Lobby...
and the red rubber stamp...
To cut the "perfect circles" I used Creative Memories
small circle template on the outside with the red blade.
lesson learned...cut first THEN emboss.


...works much better in that order!

Stamp and color...I'm doing each step in duplicate
so that no matter which side you view the ornament there will be art!


I use the Creative Memories cutter again- cutting the bears into "coasters" and then from the snow hills up used scissors to cut around the stamp edge. For added dimension I then mounted the colored and glossed bears onto the embossed snowflake circles using 3-d tape.
(note~ the flakes have been tinted with blue chalk)


Can't have rolling snow hills without snow...
"let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"


Place the double-sided
Here Comes Winter by ARTish bear circles
on the ornament ledge...


the 'tea cup' view...
Repeat the blizzard on the other half,
snap together, and commence to singing Christmas tunes.


Far warmer than shoveling the snow...

Voila!


How many more to cover a tree?
*None, if I take the Charlie Brown approach!
There are several Pixie Cottage Stamps
and multiple Digital Images by The Pixie Cottage
that would be fantastic for creating ornaments like this one.
Happy Creating,
and an early Merry Christmas,


14 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is a brilliant idea Artish, and I bet it looks fabulous on the Xmas tree. Will definitely give this one a try myself. Fantastic colouring on the image!
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Christina Hicks said...

This turned out so adorable, thanks for a great tutorial!

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant gosh really love love this idea,hugs cheryl xxx

Katie said...

OK, you can bet where I'm heading today!LOL
Fabulous tutorial and super idea :)

Tammy said...

OMGosh....that is so awesome!! I have got to try this and I even have that stamp but too bad no Hobby Lobby close or I would be doing it today!! I love to make ornaments with my granddaughters every year and this would be perfect!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Faith S. said...

Very cute, Tish! I LOVE it! Super cute stamp, too!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW what a brilliant Idea. Thanks for sharing Hazelxoxo

Lorraine said...

a very beautiful decoration i love it thanks for sharing xx

artish said...

thank you everyone!! so glad your trees will be all the merrier!! hugs!

Martha said...

Super idea! Your tube-riding bear is perfect for the snow globe look ornament. Will try this with my grand daughters. Theirs may not be colored as perfect, but they will still be great as it is so easy to do. Thanks for sharing and keeping us stimulated creatively!

Happy Holiday Hugs, Martha

Adrina said...

That's a great tutorial!!!

Dorte said...

Cute, cute, thanks for sharing.
hugs Dorte

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Tres cool ArTish!
Hugs
Tanya

Tammy said...

WOW I love this!! So adorable!

Post a Comment